Process Engineer (Mycology)
MycoWorks creates new materials through the solid-state fermentation of mycelium. Our current focus is on scaling up production of our leather-like material that behaves and performs like an animal hide for our world-class customers who have completed testing and validation.
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic process engineer to focus on statistical and trend-based data analysis of environmental conditions and clean-room (aseptic) preparation of growth media. You are excited by mycology, process engineering, research and development, and revolutionizing the world through environmentally sustainable processes and products!
– Will spend 1-2 days a week in a cleanroom to oversee experimental grow operations in order to provide feedback on experiments directly to R&D team
– Will revise and execute R&D draft SOPs for material finishing and mycelium growing in order to perfect processes
– Can process large amounts of time-series data and correlate to grow dynamics in real time
– Mastery of at least one programming language compatible with automation of data processing and/or electromechanical systems and measurements (i.e. matlab, python, etc).
– Can apply statistical analysis techniques and thought-processes to environmental condition data
– Abides by a data-driven approach to engineering R&D
– Generates experiment reports and conclusions and documents learning and feedback
– BS or MS in biology, fermentation, mycology, etc., with at least 4 years of process engineering experience in biotech or fermentation
AgFunder Co-Investment Fund III is now open for investment. Closing June 15, Spots are limited.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]