Website Mountain Hazelnuts
Hazelnut social venture impacting 15% of Bhutan's population
About Mountain Hazelnuts
Mountain Hazelnuts (MH) is a for-profit impact venture, planting 10 million hazelnut trees on degraded mountainsides, doubling the income of thousands of subsistence farmers, and impacting nearly 15% of Bhutan’s population. MH partners with 15,000 smallholder farmers, institutions, and communities to build a hazelnut value chain in the Himalayan Kingdom of Bhutan. As the country’s largest private sector employer, MH capitalizes on an exceptional opportunity to grow hazelnuts for the international market as a mission-driven business that creates value for all stakeholders.
The Company partners with local communities, the government of Bhutan, and leading international institutions, including the IFC (World Bank), Asian Development Bank, Stanford University Graduate School of Business, and others. Current and past employees have come from McKinsey & Company, Bain & Company, Boston Consulting Group, Google, NASA, and other companies.
MH incorporates best practices in stakeholder engagement, scientific assessment, traceability, and impact measurement, aspiring to serve as an example of social and environmental impact entrepreneurship.
Role & Responsibilities
MH is currently hiring a Program Coordination Manager (PCM) to support its Executive team (i.e., Managing Director, CEO, and CFO) to manage the progress of a range of cross-functional projects, oversee internal reporting and dashboards, prioritize corporate calendar/activities, develop and support internal initiatives to improve managerial effectiveness, and coordinate the Company’s monitoring and evaluation activities.
The PCM will be based in Eastern Bhutan at MH’s corporate headquarters for a two-year term.
The desired start date is June 1, 2018, but can be as late as August 1, 2018 if required. Benefits include a competitive compensation package, corporate housing, and flexible work schedule that allows you to travel internationally and work remotely on a quarterly basis.
Provide management and administrative support to the Executive Team
- Support the Managing Director in managing and prioritizing his responsibilities and calendar, by screening and reviewing proposals, drafting communications, and coordinating with colleagues throughout the organization
- Provide ad hoc support to the CEO and CFO, assisting with their operational responsibilities
- Facilitate coordination among members of the Executive Team by improving information flows and hosting key meetings
- Assess and prioritize issues raised from the organization to the Executive Team, as appropriate
- Lead the quality assurance process for various reports and corporate communications
- Support the compilation of regular progress reports and status updates for major initiatives by working with Department and Division leadership
Contribute to the improvement of managerial efficiency and effectiveness
- Identify shortcomings and bottlenecks in existing business processes, make recommendations for improvements, and collaborate with the Executive Team to implement new procedures
- Oversee the implementation of cross-functional activities through dashboards, internal reporting, and regular management meetings
- Support key strategic planning events, including annual retreats, management workshops, and team building activities
Lead MH’s Monitoring & Evaluation program
- Coordinate social and environmental monitoring and evaluation programs by overseeing data collection, surveying, and drafting key reports
- Work with the Communications team to prepare impact reports for international partners
Contribute to developing the capabilities of MH’s team
- Collaborate with management team colleagues to develop and deliver trainings and personalized coaching to individuals or teams, as appropriate
- Facilitate bi-annual workshops for strategic planning and skills development
Based on your background and passions, you will have the opportunity to manage additional projects that fit within the strategic and operational priorities of the Company.
What We Look For
- 10-15 years of work experience, with at least 2 years of relevant experience working in a high-performing organization(s), and some experience living and working in the developing world
- Commitment to the Company’s social and environmental mission, and to making a meaningful difference in the lives of thousands of people
- Collaborative problem-solving approach and ability to thrive in a cross-cultural work environment
- Ability to deal with complex problems, identify actionable solutions, and implement them
- Seasoned judgement to manage competing priorities and seamlessly translate them into a prioritized action plan for members of the Executive Team
- Discretion and maturity to manage sensitive information, both internally and externally
- Technical skills: highly effective verbal and written communication, multitasking, and organizational skills; advanced proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel helpful
- Fun, possess a sense of adventure and mission
For more information and to learn how to apply, please see the full job description.
To apply for this job please visit goo.gl.