Born in one of North America’s largest hubs for Artificial Intelligence, Motorleaf is poised to disrupt the agricultural industry by using its agronomist.ai software platform to monitor and predict controlled growing environments. Delivering actionable, data-driven insights to greenhouse operators to increase their bottom-line profits is the name of the game.
Using machine learning and artificial intelligence for yield prediction improvements and optimization, we are committed to helping greenhouse operators match their supply with demand dynamics to help them optimize their marketing dollars, plan their labour needs, and increase profit margins.
We are democratizing access to venture capital. Learn how you can invest with us.
Reporting to the VP Sales, the National Accounts Director will focus on sales operations within North America. The candidate will have responsibility for planning and execution of selling our agronomist.ai software platform, identify opportunities within the greenhouse and agricultural industry’s leading businesses, and cultivate strong relationships with our customers and partners. The successful candidate will collaborate with Motorleaf’s marketing and product development teams to generate demand, and help generate new business, you will work with us to improve our sales plan and market share. Collaboration with internal teams will be key to guide product development to meet the specific needs of customers and partners.
Must be able to travel 30% of the time and work from the Montreal’s head office when required, provided the person resides outside of Montreal.
Confidence, patience, drive, a forward thinker, possess excellent communication skills, thrive on challenges and is deep dedication to the company vision. A background servicing agriculture, preferably one related to driving sales within greenhouses and/or indoor farms, and aware of environmental control systems.
• Bachelors or Master’s degree in Agronomy or related field (preferred)
• 5+ years of industry experience in sales
• Experience in product positioning and market opportunity assessment
• Knowledge of greenhouse crop production (for example: lettuce, tomato, peppers, cannabis)
• Track record of managing direct reports and interfacing with internal business units to deliver on company strategic aims
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
• Experience giving presentations to audiences (client and industry)
• Strong problem solving and communication skills, ability to work in a team environment
• Flexibility to work outside of defined position roles to meet the needs of a startup environment
• Take a lead role in building partnerships with growers and organizations involved in specialty crop production throughout the North America and broad acre crop production
• Strategic planning and execution of product positioning and launch in specialty crops
• Contribute to commercial strategy and partnerships
• Design and execute demonstration trials and field testing in conjunction with growers
• Provide insights into grower practices and needs, to shape product development in the pipeline
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]