Mission of the Role
Develop designs for new processes and/or facilities with input from technical managers, vendors, and research.
Kiverdi is on a mission to enable the large-scale transformation of carbon dioxide into high-value products, making the sustainable production of everyday goods a reality. To do this, Kiverdi is commercializing a NASA-inspired technology that uses microorganisms to convert carbon dioxide (with other simple mineral nutrients and gases) into raw materials for everyday consumables, such as food, clothes, personal care items, industrial goods and ultimately, biofuels. We are passionate about changing the world. We are looking for a Process Engineer who shares our passion for having a positive impact on the world.
Join Us! Sign up for our next fund here.
- Act as the face of the organization through effective communication to the Client.
- Work effectively within project teams in an office setting, with remote team members, and collaborating with lab research and development efforts.
- Develop written process scopes of work detailing the process requirements.
- Compile detailed process activity estimates by task and hours spent.
- Manage scope, schedule, and budget effectively.
- Manage the entire design process from inception to completion. This includes: Leading process teams, process work planning, collaboration with lab research and development, coordinating the process discipline EPC efforts, design reviews (internal, with EPC companies, and with the client), and checking deliverables (calculations, drawings, technical reports).
- Develop high-level written protocols or written service tasks defining collaboration requirements from research and development.
- Maintain familiarity with various industrial codes such as OSHA, ASME and API.
- Sizing and specifying of typical process equipment including pumps, heat exchangers, pipes, etc.
- Compile and issue requests for proposal (RFP) or requests for quote (RFQ).
- Evaluation of proposals and quotations from vendors for technical and economic compliance to specifications and project objectives.
- Review equipment submittals for accuracy and validate against specifications
- Develop and/or verify Mass and Energy balances around new or existing system
- Familiar with inputs required and able to assess the results from process simulations
- Prepare PFD and P&IDs for new processes or redline existing drawings for new functionality
- Participate in Process Hazard Analysis meetings and Pre-Startup Safety Reviews
- Visit customer sites and vendor facilities for field work
- BS in Chemical Engineering or related field of study
- 5+ years of experience in a Process Engineering role.
- Must have experience in the Chemical or Bioprocessing Industries
Project engineering experience
- Experience in a Multidiscipline Engineering
- Process Safety experience (PHAs, Hazard Identification, Risk Assessment, Documentation to support process safety, etc.)
- Current knowledge of Safety Relief Device applications and system design procedures for overpressure protection
- Current working knowledge of Chemical Engineering principles with an emphasis on Fluid Mechanics, Mass and Heat transfer, and Thermodynamics
- Must be technically sound, communicate effectively, and willingness to collaborate with research teammates
- Professional Engineer license (Any State in the USA, secondly any Province in Canada)
- Experience with bioreactions, especially multi-phase gas/liquid reactions or fermentations
- Experience with gasification, syngas conditioning and cleaning, hydrogen purification, oxygen handling, carbon dioxide handling, bio-reactions, and bioprocessing is a plus but not required
- Curious and eager to learn
- Persistent – Can-do attitude plus action
- Flexible – Willing to do what it takes
- We not I – Collaborative/team players
- Integrity – Do what you say
What we offer:
Our total rewards package goes above and beyond just a paycheck. Whether you’re looking to build your career, improve your health, or build your retirement, we offer generous benefits to help you achieve your goals.
- Very Competitive total compensation plans.
- A 401(K) plan with an impressive employer match that’s all yours – no vesting!
- Great health, dental and vision insurance packages to fit your needs to ensure you’re happy and healthy.
- A PTO policy that empowers our employees to take the time they need to recharge!
Equal Opportunity :
It is the policy of Kiverdi to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Kiverdi will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Kiverdi is a progressive and open-minded meritocracy. If you are smart and good at what you do, come as you are.
If you are interested: Please apply at https://kiverdi.applicantpro.com/jobs/
More About What We Are Doing :
To apply for this job please visit kiverdi.applicantpro.com.