There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more… many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US) – California (US-CA) – San Francisco
Function: Marketing / Sales
Title: JD Labs Community & Operations Mgr – 42961
As a John Deere Labs Community & Operations Manager, you will:
- Grow John Deere’s presence in the Silicon Valley agriculture technology community
- Organize community events, such as meetups, presentations, and hackathons, in the John Deere Labs space
- Stay informed of developments relating to startups, organizations, investors, and other relevant ag-tech players and share findings with the business development & John Deere Labs teams
- Proactively seek out opportunities for John Deere Labs to engage in agriculture, technology, and innovation activities and events that align with our mission
- Receive visitors to John Deere Labs to share our history and objectives, as well as gather and respond to requests to work with John Deere
- Manage John Deere Labs social media accounts and engage with relevant ag-tech players
- Support our digital partnering initiatives
- Identify technology and industry trends relevant to John Deere’s strategy and assist with market scans of companies
- Assist with digital partner on-boarding process and go-to-market plans; connect partner to the relevant resources within John Deere as appropriate
- Support effective ongoing collaboration between startups, John Deere Labs, and other groups across John Deere (customer support, dealers, digital partnerships team)
- Aid with collecting and surfacing product development needs to product teams within digital partnering
- Develop publicly-facing materials that outline the benefits of John Deere’s partner ecosystem & processes for taking them to market
- Independently perform a full range of administrative and office support duties in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Perform office manager duties for the John Deere Labs office in San Francisco, including liaising with IT, security, and facilities.
- Support 2-4 directors including support relating to communications, critical projects, and scheduling.
- Serve as liaison between John Deere and Blue River teams for cross-functional employees by coordinating schedules and resources across IT systems
- Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
What Skills You Need
- Experience researching and resolving issues independently; bringing structure to ambiguous assignments
- Independent personality with proactive, get-it-done attitude
- Ability to perform office operational and administrative tasks
- Computer fluency and experience with typical software packages
What Makes You Stand Out
Other areas of experience or interest that will help us place you on the right team include:
- Experience working with customers in a product, customer service / account management, operations, marketing or sales capacity
- Ability to research and compile reports on unfamiliar topics
- Skilled in proactively approaching and communicating with a wide variety of audiences
- Comfortable working with and understanding novel, developing technologies
- Experience in an entrepreneurial environment such as a start-up, incubator, accelerator, etc
- Involvement in executing a community engagement program involving start-ups
- Understanding of agricultural customers and / or experience working in agriculture
- Knowledge of relevant companies in agriculture
- Event planning experience
Education (or equivalent work experience)
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you’ll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.