A New Standard for Food Quality and Safety
Company Mission and Description
ImpactVision’s mission is to build a more transparent and secure global food system, using hyperspectral technology. We are a startup combining image processing and machine learning to provide rapid and non-invasive analytics for food supply chains to reduce waste and fraud, whilst maximising yield and consistency. We have just completed our seed round fundraise, and are hiring technologists to join us on the next phase of product development.
This role will be responsible for developing imaging classification software using machine learning methods. As a data scientist at ImpactVision, you will interpret extracted numeric features from images and correlate these features with food quality parameters.
- Develop machine learning methods for interpreting hyperspectral data.
- Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analysis, model development, model validation and model implementation.
Key Competencies (some knowledge of each area is required)
- A good understanding of different machine learning theories, such as Support Vector Machine and Principal Component Analysis.
- Experience with linear and nonlinear methods.
Skill Set - Minimum Requirements
- 3+ years of industry or academic experience as a data scientist.
- Experience with Python and Matlab.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science.
- Experience with Neural Networks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and skills.
- Experience in writing c/c++.
- Hands-on experience in predictive modeling and analysis of large volumes of data.
- Experience with image processing.
- Experience with analysing hyperspectral images.
To apply for this job please visit impactvi.com.