Who You Are
Your path to product management was probably an interesting one… you found yourself drawn to multiple disciplines – business, technology, UX – and realized that your passion and expertise lived somewhere near the intersection of all three.
You know how a business should work and are comfortable producing models for revenues, documenting your assumptions and explaining your thinking clearly and concisely. You have shipped products before and generated revenues for the companies you worked with.
You’re an advocate for the user and you understand how to look at problems and challenges from their perspective. You’re both creative and decisive, but you never act blindly on your assumptions. You research, you test, and you validate. When you iterate, each new release occurs more efficiently and with better results than the previous one.
You have great taste: you validate good ideas quickly and kill bad ones even faster.
About the Role
As a member of our product team, you will collaborate with our co-founders, marketing, design, and engineering teams to build FarmLogs’ product roadmap and drive its innovation.
Tasks You’ll Be Juggling
- You are responsible for creating and maintaining product roadmaps, documentation, features, and working with UX/Design and development teams
- Identify market opportunities and customers’ needs and communicate them clearly to the entire organization
- Conduct on-farm research to identify how software tools can improve a farmer’s ability to navigate fast-changing weather, labor, market, traceability requirements and environmental and market conditions
- Work with the engineering team to build new products and features or to improve existing ones
- Work with marketing and sales to ensure the commercial success of the product
- Think analytically about how to measure success
- 3+ years managing the end-to-end product lifecycle for consumer or enterprise offerings with a mix of web and mobile clients
- Excellent communication skills; can seamlessly switch from conversations with farmers to conversations with engineers while speaking in the language of each
- Documented success managing full lifecycle launches of products
- Experience performing product research user interviews and competitive assessments
- A knack for taking complex workflow requirements and distilling into simple ideas
- Ability to analyze critical data around product performance (we’re talking SQL, product analytics, etc.)
- Experience with agile product development techniques and tools
Nice to have
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science or related field
- Knowledge and passion for the ag tech industry
- Experience developing ERP or financial software
To apply for this job please visit farmlogs.com.