Website FarmLead Resources Ltd.
North America's Grain Marketplace
We are FarmLead. We are changing the way grain is traded today and in the future. We help farmers be more confident in their grain sale decisions, and after helping successfully negotiate over 1.4 million tonnes of grain through our online and mobile marketplace, it’s clear things are working.
That being said, we love agriculture and farmers and we’re looking for people to join FarmLead who do too. You will be an ambassador for the future of grain trading, helping FarmLead grow into new geographies. You understand the pulse of the grain industry, ideally from the farm or a rural/farming community.
You are not afraid to strike up conversations anywhere you go, identifying what people and companies would benefit the most working with FarmLead. You will take the lead in specific geographies, using both a playbook and intuition to get new farmers and grain buyers to sign up on and start using the FarmLead Grain Marketplace.
Your social style doesn’t allow you to sit a desk all week, but you prefer to be out in the heart of the agricultural industry, chatting with farmers and grain buyers and learning more along the way. This isn’t to say you live life on the road but you’re not afraid to spend a few days here and there seeing new places and meeting new people. Based out of our downtown Chicago office, you’ll be given all the tools to succeed in this role and help expand the FarmLead Marketplace across America.
• Actively pursue/qualify new farmers, producer organizations, grain buyers, and potential partners for FarmLead
• Build up potential users database and maintain consistent contact with them
• Research and analyze potential business opportunities; forecasting time of engagement, potential cost to acquire users and the expected ROI
• Spend 7-10 days a month outside of our Chicago office, having face-to-face conversations with all potential FarmLead users and partner organizations or companies
• Plan your own travel schedule, sticking to your budget and time limit
• Schedule and/or attend collaborative events around America to maximize time spent on the ground
• Continuously strive to maintain positive relationships and a reputation for service excellence
• Report directly to executive management on weekly, monthly, and quarterly progress
• Track record of successfully opening up and developing new markets (you can give us examples)
• A business development background showing communication skills and strong determination
• Business / technical post-secondary education complemented by relevant experience in the agricultural industry, more specifically grain production, selling, and buying
• Technology-savvy, be it on the phone or on a computer, including but not limited to CRM tools, social media, and computer systems (i.e. Microsoft office)
• Creative thinker with the ability to not just present ideas but to validate them with carefully though-out strategies
• Ability to travel unhindered, valid driver’s license and passport
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
• Proven decision-making and problem-solving skills
• Grew up in an agricultural environment, either directly on the farm or within a farming community
● You are adaptable to any situation and can adjust priorities and focus accordingly
● You are an effective listener and communicator who believes in open, honest dialogue
● You constantly want to improve the process and are relentless in your pursuit of achieving personal and company milestones
● You can easily analyze situations and people to understand issues and identify options to support sound decisions
● You naturally nurture and expand your network to achieve your goals
● You have a proven track record of performing above the “bare minimum” (the status quo is never enough)
● Flexible travel schedule
● Comprehensive employee benefits plan
● Casual dress code
● Employee stock options
● Team Lunches (featuring: really good food!)
● Monthly happy hours
● Fun, collaborative work environment
Sound like the place for you? Send your resume, a short intro to [email protected]
Help us change the way grain is traded today and in the future!
We are democratizing access to venture capital. Learn how you can invest with us.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]