Farm Animal Behavior-tracking wearables, IoT sensors & AI alerts
Farm Jenny is looking for an experienced and passionate Software Developer, beginning immediately, to design, develop, test and maintain new software solutions for our industry disrupting farm animal behavior tracking solution. It’s an exciting opportunity to work with a growing AlphaLab Gear startup company in Pittsburgh! The ideal candidate has startup experience and thrives in an environment where they can take charge, are eager to learn and test, and can communicate exceptionally well. Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis – we cannot sponsor work visa or provide relocation.
Responsibilities may include any of the following:
· Lead and make decisions on best approaches/overall system architecture
AgFunder Co-Investment Fund III is now open for investment. Closing June 15, Spots are limited.
· Lead the design and development of an IoT SaaS service including embedded, mobile, and web software
· Develop web/server software, application software for Android/iOS, and/or embedded software on ARM processors
· Implement animal behavioral analysis algorithms for Cloud-based animal data
· Collaborate with internal and contract hardware/software engineers to develop features and products
· Create tools and processes for streamlined software development
· Solve problems independently, identify issues and needs, propose solutions and communicate including with non-technical team members
· Interest in visiting farm/horse facilities and interacting with end users, both human and animal
A qualified candidate will exhibit most of the characteristics below:
· Passion and interest in working for early-stage startups
· Desire to contribute to a new technology team and flexibility to changing priorities as needed
· Agile, fast learner who is eager to learn, grow, test, and iterate
· Experience with AWS, Google Cloud Platform, or similar hosted IoT platforms
· Experience with mobile application development
· Experience with source code control and bug tracking tools (Git, JIRA, Perforce, etc.)
· Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
· Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation)
· Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills and a sharp attention to detail
Education and experience required:
· Bachelor’s degree in Software, Computer, or Electrical Engineering, preferably at an ABET-accredited school
· Ideally 3+ years’ proven work experience in software development; could do 2 years’ experience for exceptional candidate with strong fit on startup/agriculture/horse front.
· Major bonus points for: Agriculture background (livestock/horses); Machine Learning; Artificial Intelligence; Predictive Analytics; MQTT, CoAP, etc. for communicating with constrained devices; Linux (Raspberry Pi or similar); Bluetooth (BLE) or cellular communications; C programming on embedded hardware; Android and iOS app development
Contact: 1-833-FARM-JEN (327-6536) or [email protected]
Farm Jenny LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. Farm Jenny does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of Farm Jenny. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity. Farm Jenny does not sponsor work visas.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]