Website Crop Enhancement, Inc
Innovating Sustainable Chemistry Formulations for Agriculture
Founded by Dr. David Soane, a renowned serial entrepreneur and inventor in the field of materials science and surface chemistry, our company is developing formulations that employ advanced and environmentally friendly chemistry to eliminate or minimize pesticide use. Our innovative platforms also enable precise and effective delivery of active agrochemicals. The Vice President of Global Business Development will need to be a dynamic and driven individual.
Undergraduate degree in Agronomy, Crop Science, Entomology, Biochemistry or related field. MBA strongly preferred.
· Excellent spoken and written English skills.
· Conversational proficiency in Spanish, Portuguese, and/or Mandarin would be a plus.
The Qualified Candidate Should Have:
· A minimum of 10 to 15 years of professional experience comprising business development, product marketing, and product sales responsibilities in the crop protection industry.
· The ability to leverage past agricultural industry experiences and current knowledge of the market place trends to anticipate needs and direction of Crop Enhancement.
· Experience in market sizing and product line distribution and profitability to define new market targets.
· The ability to build a competitive intelligence system.
· Important to really understand how to introduce a new agricultural input product to the market and have demonstrated examples of doing so.
· Has some experience working in a start-up or unstructured environment, but still possess a structured way of thinking preferred:
· Possesses a career experience base, outside of a startup, which significantly shows the ability to be successful in a start-up company.
· Has worked in and led small teams effectively which lends itself to a start-up culture and success.
· Demonstrated experience introducing new crop protection products with novel modes of action to global markets across various crops.
· Experience working directly with partners in international markets including South East Asia, China, Central and South America, Western Africa, and Europe.
· The demonstrated ability to establish, communicates well with, and manages internal partner and team relationships.
· Experience in specialty crops including cocoa, coffee, citrus, tree nuts, stone fruit, vegetables, and potatoes.
· Familiarity with current technology, products, and players in the crop inputs domain including insecticides, fungicides, fertilizers/nutrients, and growth regulators.
· A demonstrated ability to deliver meaningful commercial results with limited staff and resources, by drawing upon key industry relationships, effective business development, sales best practices, and sheer will.
· Prior experience being a key commercial-oriented contributor in an entrepreneurial environment such as a startup, agile medium-sized company, or a Vanguard group within a larger established organization.
· Practices the principles of Strategic Selling (e.g., Miller Heiman sales methodologies).
To be Considered for this Opportunity:
Please send a brief note along with a copy of your resume to Kevin Chen.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org