Field Technician (Part Time) – E.U.
The Connecterra Customer Team is the bridge between Engineering and the Customer. We visit our Farmers, scout sites to plan deployments, deploy hardware and support the customer in getting the most out of Ida. Most importantly, we are a key component in the product’s roll-out.
As our E.U. Field Technician aka. The Cow Whisperer, you will spend time on farm with Farmers, as well as manage a working relationship with the Connecterra Engineering team, Sales & local installation parties. You are going to need to move fast, learn quickly, and build faster.
The team is led by our experienced Customer Success Manager, Niels Molenaar, so you will have a tremendous support system at HQ level!
- You have experience with building brackets, pulling electricity wires and connecting to local networks;
- Basic understanding of Radio Communication;
- Basic experience with computer networks;
- Two right-hands;
- Not afraid to improvise on the spot;
- Willing and able to fly across the EU (and sometimes USA);
- Ability to travel freely within the EU (residence permit / EU passport);
- Based (Part-Time) from our HQ in Amsterdam;
- Experience with managing local partners;
- Fluent in English (other EU languages will be useful too);
- Not afraid of cows, farm experience is even better!
Your core capabilities include:
After an Ida sale has been made, that is when your part come into play. You will visit Farmers on farm and figure out where to install what parts of the Ida hardware. With a local partner you make sure it is set up properly and sign off on the deployment. Follow up will be done by on boarding the Farmer to the Ida system, and be there to do troubleshooting when needed. You will be in touch with the Engineering Team to make sure the deployed system works on the farms, remains easy to install and all “bugs” are solved.
You are also:
- A self-starter / self-motivator who doesn’t require micromanagement;
- Problem solver;
- Good with people;
- Able to keep a cool head and open to working in a startup environment.
- Opportunity to grow this Part-Time / Freelance role into a Full-Time position in the EU;
- Competitive pay and travel expense coverage;
- Possibility to visit beautiful places all over the EU.
Although this is a part-time / freelance role, there are many reasons to want to join our team. However, the real “bonus” of working at Connecterra are the people, the challenge and the excitement of being part of something groundbreaking!
We are Connecterra:
A data-science/AI/ag-tech startup looking to rewire humankind’s relationship with nature by developing an AI that will grow food sustainably and feed future generations. Our core mission is to connect the analogue to understand everything on earth.
Our first product, Ida, is a self-learning system that uses AI technology to improve productivity in dairy farming by measuring a cow’s activity, health and eating habit. The tracker collects data and provides actionable insights to the farmer which in turn leads to healthy, happier cows and increased milk production.
We work as a flat organisation, which means that you’ll get a lot of responsibility and freedom to define your place in the company.
The team is small but dynamic, with colleagues hailing from 7 different nations and diverse backgrounds.
Great! Send us your contact information, LinkedIn and/or CV, etc. as well as a letter of motivation about why you are the person for this role!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org