If you have experience in design and scale-up of biological processes in biopharma or biotech, we are looking for you! Do you have a passion for using biotechnology to produce new sources of animal-free protein? Do you want to join a new community of activists, entrepreneurs, and scientists, on a mission to create a sustainable food system for our future generations? You will love working with our egg-white protein production process alongside our innovative team at the Clara Foods™ HQ.
Reports to: Director, Process Development
– PhD in Bio/Chemical Engineering with 5 years of experience, OR MS with 8 years of experience, OR BS with 12 years of experience
– Experience in industrial settings (e.g. biopharma, industrial biotechnology)
– Strong expertise in development and scale-up of multiple downstream processing unit operations including centrifugation, MF/UF/DF, column chromatography, SSMB chromatography, lyophilization, and spray drying.
– Have successfully led tech transfer to CMOs at demonstration scale.
– Comfortable working within a small, collaborative team, passionate about changing the food space
Role and Responsibilities:
– Design and develop downstream purification process for recombinant protein production
– Integrate and author end-end process for successful tech transfer and engineering efforts
– Lead and manage tech-transfer, engineering and scale-up efforts at CMO
– Be the technical liaison between internal and external stake holders for tech transfer and scale-up efforts
About Clara Foods™:
Clara Foods™ is re-imagining egg production. We join a new generation of entrepreneurs, activists, and scientists who recognize that the decades-old factory farm model cannot sustain the dietary needs of 7 billion people and counting -and that technology may hold a solution. As much as the growing market demands for egg production exert pressure on hatcheries to improve their efficiencies and outputs, there is also growing public distaste for the environmental, animal welfare, and health compromises of industrial-scale egg production. Clara Foods™ aims to subvert this moral and economic deadlock by taking the chicken out of the equation. We’re bringing an egg white to the table that is produced completely animal-free, uses less land and water inputs, while matching the taste, nutritional value, and unique culinary properties of hen-borne egg whites.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.