Ceres Imaging is a VC funded startup developing a technology that helps farmers conserve water and fertilizer and improve yields in their crops.
Specifically, we use aerial imagery and spectral image processing to monitor crop variables. The primary delivery mechanism for our imagery is a web application that allows customers to view the imagery of their fields over time.
We help the farmer use this data to improve crop management practices like fertilizer application, irrigation schedules, stress/problem detection, and other applications.
Currently we have a substantial funding, and paying customers throughout California and Australia.
We are seeking a computer vision engineer to collaborate with the image processing and science team to prototype and implement novel solutions for processing and analyzing multispectral imagery of agriculture.
The computer vision engineer’s mission is to improve the rate at which Ceres produces georeferenced imagery without artifacts and without human intervention. You will lead the development of new approaches to extract more accurate and detailed measurements from imagery.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Improving software for mosaicking, geo-registering, and classifying 1+ TB imagery/day.
- Prototyping and implementing solutions for extracting information from imagery.
- Clearly communicating and documenting your work.
Desirable skills and expertise include:
- Expertise with OpenCV or similar open source computer vision software
- Expertise in a programming language with robust computer vision support (e.g., C/C++, MATLAB, python)
- Experience with deep learning (CNNs)
- Dedication to high quality documentation
- Dedication to maintainable, readable software
- Ability to leverage/apply academic research results to solving computer vision challenges
- Experience with processing and analysis of imagery (remote sensing experience is a plus).
- Degree in computer science or engineering or equivalent experience.
On offer is a strong salary and equity package commensurate with experience, and the opportunity to join a fast growing startup doing meaningful work.
If you are suitably qualified, please don’t hesitate to apply now.
To apply for this job please visit ceres-imaging.breezy.hr.