We Find Nature's Answers to Health
Brightseed is a pioneer in biosciences and artificial intelligence (A.I.) that illuminates nature to restore human health. Brightseed’s proprietary A.I., Forager®, accelerates bioactive discovery, biological validation and ingredient formulation from years to months, rapidly revealing new connections between nature and humanity. Through Forager® and clinical evaluation, Brightseed partners with organizations across the consumer health continuum to offer insight into the world of bioactives and health solutions. Visit www.brightseedbio.com to learn more.
Bioactives are small molecule compounds produced by plants, fungi, and microbes that grow in and adapt to environments that present a wide range of challenges to their survival. Bioactives also benefit the health of humans – they are the enlivening caffeine in tea, the powerful antioxidant lycopene in tomatoes or curcumin in turmeric, and they inform active ingredients in medicines like Taxol, aspirin and Metformin, the latter a first-line treatment for Type 2 diabetes derived from the French lilac flower. Science has long known that bioactives are critical to human health, yet the vast majority remain unknown and uncharted – often referred to as the “dark matter” of nutrition. Brightseed’s A.I., Forager®, discovers bioactives in nature and maps them to human health outcomes at a rate and accuracy that was previously impossible.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Our Business Development team creates strategic partnerships that use Forager’s® capabilities to develop solutions for unmet needs across pharma, OTC, supplement, ingredient, personal care, and CPG, and manage these partnerships for mutual long-term success. Business Development is responsible for hitting revenue targets by closing new strategic partnership deals, as well as identifying and defining new paths to monetize Brightseed’s powerful technology innovations. The Business Development team is also responsible for shepherding our earliest research agreements into ongoing and expanded strategic relationships and is the bridge between our contracted partners, our science team, and our revenue objectives.
- Lead a portfolio of R&D collaborations and deliver program success while developing and maintaining relationships with key partner stakeholders
- Create value and grow the company by understanding the drivers of our partners’ business, and proactively identifying opportunities to expand and deepen collaborations
- Develop alliance management best practices throughout Brightseed and build systems and processes for partnership opportunities
- Work closely with technical teams to design data analysis strategies required for the program success
- Scope future programs, gain buy-in from partners, and negotiate contracts for expanded partnership opportunities
- Eagerness to focus on 2-4 partners and deeply connect with stakeholders at all levels and across functional divisions
- 5+ years of experience in alliance management, program management, business development, or management consulting within biopharma, consumer health, or personal care
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in a scientific field Interested in an impactful role that gives you a blend of strategy, operations, and product innovation
- Experience working closely with research functions, with demonstrable ability to translate scientific data and results into relevant commercial insights
- High competency in effectively presenting technical findings to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Managed partner needs across multiple categories while coordinating with various internal teams
- Passion for how nature can improve our overall health and wellness
- Creative and work well with intense timelines and a healthy dose of ambiguity in a highly technical field
- Strong interpersonal, influence, communication and presentation skills to represent Brightseed’s value proposition and mission
THE BENEFITS YOU’LL ENJOY
As a lab based company, where in person collaboration is key to drive innovation, we encourage all team members to be in our office most days each week. However we appreciate and honor the need and desire for flexibility and have implemented a hybrid working model. We have a fully stocked healthy kitchen, a gym onsite, plenty of free parking, weekly team events and a state-of-the-art lab and office.
We offer a competitive total rewards package with team-first benefits programs for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, unlimited paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance programs, 401(k) plan, a mental health platform, employee discounts, payroll credits for cell phone and commuter costs and a paid parental leave program.
JOIN US, AND BE YOU
We are committed to making transformative discoveries with a team-first mentality. Successful team members are truth-seeking and trusting, with the tenacity required to trail blaze in uncharted territory. We are a collaborative team that actively seeks input and values differing perspectives. And we produce tangible results, holding ourselves accountable in the process.
We are also committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of connectedness and inclusion. We grow and learn together, respecting professional and personal experiences, areas of expertise, and types of self expression.
In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that each one of us brings in terms of education, opinions, culture, color, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, religion, different abilities, sexual orientation and beliefs.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.