Website Boost Biomes
Increasing food abundance with advanced microbiome technology
Boost Biomes is a platform technology company focused on engineering microbiomes. These groups of microbes play critical roles in environments such as agriculture and human and animal health. Harnessing their power will be imperative to a future of sustainability on a fixed planet. Boost’s Tether platform is a proprietary discovery platform that uses high throughput sequencing, selective enrichment and advanced informatics to identify microbial products with important commercial roles. This approach is faster and less expensive than traditional approaches and uniquely identifies multi-microbial products which are often more effective than single microbe products at engineering microbiomes. Boost is uniquely positioned at the leading edge of a rapidly expanding field looking to tap into the value offered by understanding and engineering microbiomes.
AgFunder Co-Investment Fund III is now open for investment. Closing June 15, Spots are limited.
We are looking for candidates to develop and lead projects initiated via strategic partnerships, using our proprietary Tether platform. The company is using its platform to develop new products. The Senior Scientist will lead partner-funded projects internally and support upper management in interfacing with partner companies. Projects will be in a variety of product areas, requiring for a diverse knowledge-base and quick-learning by the incumbent. You will lead teams taking great ideas from concept to the bench to meeting the partners’ specifications. You will be responsible for planning and executing projects, and be able to work well independently and lead teams. This is a high-profile, unique opportunity to make critical contributions to a growing startup in an exciting new area with the potential for a large and meaningful impact.
This position is largely a lab-based role. We are looking for someone with
- Ph.D. in Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Cell Biology or related discipline; or Bioinformatics or Data science with significant lab experience.
- 4 – 6 years of experience in biotechnology companies, preference given for experience at startups.
- Used to working in a fast-paced environment with competing demands on time.
- Organizational / Leadership Experience preferable
- Program or project management.
- Managing and growing teams, developing personnel.
- Technical Experience
- Next generation sequencing and analysis. Preference given for familiarity with analyzing large DNA sequence data sets, bioinformatics generally, and coding.
- Experimental design and statistical analysis.
- Molecular biology techniques and work flows (nucleic acid extraction and purification, PCR, DNA library preparation, etc.).
- Nucleic acid analysis platforms (Nanodrop, Gel Electrophoresis, Bioanalyzer, Fragment Analyzer, qPCR, etc.).
- Developing high-throughput approaches to standard work flows.
- Environmental microbiology (Isolation, cultivation, identification etc.).
- Attention to detail, safety, and excellent laboratory practice.
- Strong oral and written communication skills particularly while maintaining records, communicating essential information to managers and training junior staff.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]