Website Bio-Logical Capital
Bio-Logical Capital, LLC, is a land investment, development and conservation company.
Bio-Logical Capital is seeking a Northeast based Senior Manager to join our team. This position will lead the design and implementation of all new east coast project opportunities, as well as oversee all operational, financial, and administrative components of our current east coast projects. Multitasking and flexibility will be critical in this position, as a typical day might include working outside on a farm project with a field based team, facilitating a project stakeholder meeting, meeting with a land owner or investor to tour a project site, or building a financial model to explore a new opportunity. As part of the Bio-Logical Capital executive team, the Northeast Senior Manager will also participate in and help drive company business strategy discussions and planning.
We are looking for a leader who has outstanding people, communication and leadership skills and who is as comfortable on a project site in work boots as in an office setting delivering an investment presentation. We seek a strategic thinker who has demonstrated experience in financial modeling, business analysis and business planning. We seek a teacher who will inspire team members to excel and who is capable of growing, developing, and overseeing diverse teams to execute complex regenerative land-use projects that include: conservation development, farming, ranching, food production, and hospitality-focused businesses. We seek a team member who has an entrepreneurial spirit, a deep passion for healthy communities and healthy food systems, and who shares our mission of shifting our culture’s perspectives and values on land use.
This position will preferably be based in Burlington, Vermont, although we are open to alternative locations based in the Northeast for the right candidate. The position will require frequent travel to our east coast projects, as well as travel to our Denver offices. This position will coordinate closely with and be supported by our entire team and will report directly to the Chief of Staff.
Join Us! Sign up for our next fund here.
- Work alongside the Chief of Staff on project development to ensure a steady pipeline of project opportunities
- Participate in debt and equity fundraising efforts; participate in all related negotiations; recommend deal structures and terms that advance the goals of all stakeholders
- Develop business plans and financial models to evaluate project economics and projections to ensure profitability for company and other stakeholders
Northeast Project Management:
- Develop project models and oversee execution
- Provide oversight and leadership on daily project operations as needed. Balance office time with visits to farm, field, and hospitality work sites
- Drive the growth, strategic planning and implementation of new project business opportunities
- Measure project success against project, company and investor goals
- On relevant projects, support production operations by:
- Working with project management to develop and market consistent high quality products that drive revenue and overall project profitability
- Supporting the development and implementation of sound operations that have:
- Strong food production and workplace safety protocols
- Facilities and equipment that are well maintained and appropriate for the project operations
- Lead project staff development and team-building strategies
- Work with project leaders to develop strong professional interpersonal skills that foster a team-oriented work culture, rooted in effective communication and collaboration
- Oversee project level development and implementation of staff education and enrichment content, performance evaluations, and other administrative tools and culture building processes
- Oversee financial management and administrative processes of projects
- Work with project leaders on annual budgeting process and cashflow management in a rapidly evolving and entrepreneurial environment
- Interface with off-site accounting team, review financial statements, prepare cashflow forecasts and ensure accurate financial reporting
- Work with project managers to review all financial reports and ensures that all variances in budget vs. actual costs are analyzed and corrective actions are quickly developed and implemented by project managers
- Prepare reports, including financial summaries, for Bio-Logical Capital and our investment partners
- Ensure that project managers are consistent and accurate in all daily and monthly sales reporting, account reconciliations, and cash handling protocols
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]