Website Benson Hill Biosystems
Benson Hill empowers innovators with a revolutionary crop design
Creve Coeur, MO
Benson Hill Biosystems empowers innovators to unlock the global genetic potential of plants benefiting people and our planet. We are building the future of agricultural genomics and looking for talented and passionate individuals who will help us drive our vision. Our core values will inspire you to be bold, innovate through collaboration, work hard and smart, and have fun while doing so!
We are actively seeking a Research Scientist to join our Molecular Technology team!
You’ll make an impact by:
We are democratizing access to venture capital. Learn how you can invest with us.
• Developing large scale experiments for generating genotype/phenotype data sets
• Leveraging modern data analytics to identify targets for genome editing
• Manipulating plant metabolism to improve quality, taste, and flavor
You’re good at:
• Analyzing complex data sets
• Working in a fast-paced and collaborative environment
• Collaborating with data scientists and software engineers
• Finding creative solutions to leverage data in new ways
• Multitasking and taking initiative on new projects
• PhD in plant biology, biochemistry, genetics or related discipline
• 5-10 years hands-on experience in a trait discovery setting
• Strong technical knowledge of plant metabolism, genetics, and data science
• Previous experience with plant trait discovery from genotype-phenotype relationships
• Background in applied bioinformatics and genomics
• Experience in an industrial agriculture biotechnology setting
• A flexible PTO program with a focus on work/life balance
• Competitive medical benefits and retirement savings plan
• FREE Dental Coverage
• Education reimbursement
• PAID parental leave
• And more….
To apply for this job please visit bensonhillbio.com.