Benson Hill Biosystems is an agricultural solutions company that
The Research Scientist will develop novel plant genome editing tools to advance Benson Hill Biosystems’ biotechnology platforms. The individual will be expected to work across multiple disciplines in a high paced early stage startup environment. The Research Scientist will be a core member of the Molecular Biology team in St. Louis, MO.
- Design and execute genome editing experiments across multiple plant species
- Develop PCR and sequenced based assays for detecting editing events
- Apply existing knowledge of molecular biology, protein biochemistry, and synthetic biology to develop novel genome editing systems
- Use computational biology platforms to identify targets for genome editing
- Participate in genome editing-based product development discussions
- Work in a dynamic cross-functional team environment to develop new traits and enabling technologies
Education and Experience:
We are democratizing access to venture capital. Learn how you can invest with us.
- PhD in Plant Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Plant Sciences, or related field
- 4-6 years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated expertise in genome editing and related technologies
- Proven record of developing enabling technologies
- Familiarity with synthetic biology principles
- Existing knowledge of plant molecular biology
- Advanced data analysis, writing, and presentation skills
- Team-driven focus and strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to do high level problem solving, develop new methods and techniques, and balancing multiple projects
- Desire to work in a collaborative and dynamic environment
Benson Hill Biosystems is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the U.S. Benson Hill Biosystems is not able to sponsor applicants for work visas.
To apply for this job please visit bensonhillbio.com.