Benson Hill Biosystems is an agricultural solutions company
The Research Associate will assist with all greenhouse and field activities including pot preparation, planting, sampling, self and cross-pollinating, data collection, harvesting, shipping and growth chamber maintenance. This person will work closely with Benson Hill scientists to coordinate planting, watering, and nutrient application for a variety of model and crop plant systems under study. The position is based in Saint Louis, MO.
- Provide greenhouse and field support for all Benson Hill experiments
- Plant seeds, transplant seedlings, and perform plant pollinations
- Collect samples for experimental analyses
- Harvest and process seeds
- Play a key role in plant phenotyping efforts of transgenic plants
- Assess plant growth parameters such as growth rate, weight, height, and yield
- Coordinate with Greenhouse Manager to maintain desired environmental conditions
- Monitor watering and nutrient application regimes for a variety of experimental conditions and plant species
- Contribute to the development of best plant culture practices to achieve the experimental objectives
- Contribute to and follow standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Collaborate closely with researchers and management in the Benson Hill organization
Education and Experience:
We are democratizing access to venture capital. Learn how you can invest with us.
- B.S. degree in Plant Biology, Horticulture, or Agronomy
- 1-2 years of experience in a plant research setting
The ideal candidate will have the following knowledge, experience, education, and capabilities:
- Ability to handle exposure to heat, dust and plant pollen
- Ability to maintain a detail oriented and well organized work environment
- Ability to work long periods of time on your feet and lift 30 pounds
- Ability to adhere to biosafety regulations associated with handling of transgenic material
- Good communication skills and a demonstrated ability to initiate and maintain productive work relationships across a collaborative team of scientists
- Previous greenhouse/field or research experience is preferred; Experience in the Ag Biotech industry is a plus
Benson Hill Biosystems is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the U.S. Benson Hill Biosystems is not able to sponsor applicants for work visas.
To apply for this job please visit bensonhillbio.com.