Benson Hill Biosystems is an agricultural solutions company
The Director of Transformation Technologies will be responsible for developing and executing strategies to enhance and deliver Benson Hill’s transgenic pipeline. This individual will have program leadership responsibilities and oversight over all plant transformation activities at Benson Hill and will be a key member of the company’s Research & Development leadership team. The successful candidate will be required to interact closely with internal and external researchers and collaborators. Considerable opportunities exist to add your creative contributions to the program and the overall R&D objectives.
- Evaluation, implementation and optimization of existing and emerging plant transformation protocols, technologies and applications.
- Supervision of the Transformation and Tissue Culture staff, project scheduling, quality analysis of results, and troubleshooting.
- Utilize scientific knowledge and experimental skills to improve plant transformation of commercially relevant germplasm in selected crops.
- Provide intellectual leadership to a team of Research Scientists and Associates and work collaboratively with other functional groups to discover and implement new ideas and technologies.
- Collaborate with other R&D programs, the regulatory function and the Intellectual Property team to deliver on broader company goals, protect company inventions and adhere to all regulatory requirements
- Establish, implement and track production metrics and quality assessment processes to ensure consistent delivery of the transgenic event production pipeline
- Stay current in the scientific literature and technologies in plant tissue culture and development
- Builds organizational capability by conducting regular performance evaluations for direct reports, assessing career goals and creates appropriate development plans for growth of team members; ensure that the business unit is staffed with competent employees.
- Contribute to creating a safe and supportive work environment
Education and Experience:
- A Ph.D. degree in plant science, horticulture, biology or related field, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a tissue culture and crop transformation environment
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot research outcomes, supervise and motivate staff members
- Industry experience leading plant transformation programs, developing and implementing new and enhanced transformation protocols and leading transgenic plant production teams
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong productivity as measured by scientific publications and/or patent applications
- Experience in leading collaborative projects
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills with proven ability to apply creative approaches to complicated questions
Benson Hill Biosystems is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the U.S. Benson Hill Biosystems is not able to sponsor applicants for work visas.
To apply for this job please visit bensonhillbio.com.