Website Benson Hill Biosystems
Benson Hill empowers innovators with a revolutionary crop design
Data Scientist, Computational Biology and Crop Genetics
Creve Coeur, MO
Are you BOLD? Do you enjoy collaborating with others, working hard and smart, and having fun while doing so?
If you answered yes, then Benson Hill Biosystems may be the place for you! We at Benson Hill Biosystems empower innovators to unlock the global genetic potential of plants benefiting people and our planet. We are building the future of agricultural genomics and looking for scientists who will help us drive our vision.
We are actively seeking a Data Scientist to help us establish and optimize methods for discovery and validation of targets for plant genetic improvement. These targets will be implemented via our proprietary genome editing, biotech trait and breeding platforms.
We are democratizing access to venture capital. Learn how you can invest with us.
How you will make an impact:
• You’ll be responsible for leveraging large, diverse data sets, the latest AI and machine learning technology to enable discovery
• By partnering with biological scientists, software engineers, data scientists and project managers to maximize the impact of our CropOs® platform
• You will lead experimental design and analysis for testing biological hypotheses
• By effectively communicating results to other partners and key stakeholders
You’re good at:
• Working in a collaborative team and taking constructive feedback favorably
• Demonstrating agility and the ability to deliver in a highly dynamic, fast paced environment with multiple priorities
• Producing deliverables and meeting tight deadlines
• Effectively communicating through multiple channels
• Planning, organizing, solving problems and critical thinking
• A PhD in computational biology, population genetics or quantitative genetics, applied mathematics, crop science, statistics, or closely related field with experience in biological systems
• A minimum of 5 years hands-on experience developing and analyzing complex biological data sets with actionable outputs
• Experience using large genetic or -omic data sets to solve problems in biology or molecular genetics
• A proven track record of using advanced statistical and machine learning concepts, methodologies and libraries
• Experience with using AWS or other cloud architectures and parallelized computation systems (preferred)
• A flexible PTO program with a focus on work/life balance
• Competitive medical benefits and retirement savings plan
• FREE Dental Coverage
• Education reimbursement
• PAID parental leave
• And more….
To apply for this job please visit bensonhillbio.com.