Website Asilomar Bio, Inc.
At Asilomar Bio, we’re creating crops that produce more grain using less water and fertilizer. Our team has pioneered a new approach to agriculture, applying cutting edge science to develop groundbreaking products. Our mission is to deliver proven solutions for the challenges that farmers face, and a more sustainable world for everyone.
We are seeking a motivated Product Manager to develop and execute strategy for positioning, launch and growth of new products. The position will evaluate market trends and customer requirements to deliver product solutions in collaboration with our development team. The ideal candidate will have a background in sales, marketing, and/or account management in the agriculture industry (seeds, crop protection, nutrition, or related), have experience developing business plans and value proposition messaging, and have fluency with financial modeling and analysis. The position will be based in Emeryville, California, and report to the executive team.
Roles and responsibilities will include:
• Build business plans and roadmaps for new product launches, including opportunity assessment, positioning strategy, financial analysis, and required tactical plans to drive product adoption
• Evaluate partnership opportunities across the supply chain and competitive landscape
• Perform market research, including awareness of market trends, evolving customer needs, definition of product concept and technical requirements
• Manage collaborations with key partners and customers
• Create product messaging content to convey value proposition to target markets and stakeholders
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
• Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, business, or related field required (MBA preferred)
• 3-5 years experience in sales, account management, and/or marketing in the agriculture industry
• Working knowledge of agriculture markets (corn, soy, wheat preferred)
• Financial analytical skills, including NPV analysis, break-even analysis, and income statement development
• Track record of driving decisions and bringing conclusion to issues
• Strong problem solving and communication skills, ability to work in a team environment
• Flexibility to work outside of defined position roles to meet the needs of a startup environment
To apply, please send a resume and brief description of interest to: [email protected]
Asilomar Bio, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination based on sex, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital and veteran status, or other protected category under the law.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org