We are looking for data scientists or senior developers with experience in geo-spatial data analysis, IoT machine data, agronomic correlation and predictive insights.
Who you are
You think outside the box, and with a strong background in numbers and geospatial analysis you have the expertise to manipulate, analyze and manage spatial data. Like all of us at AgDNA you’re also self-motivated, you’re a team player, and you’re not afraid to roll up your sleeves and collaborate with fellow team members when you have to problem-solve tricky issues. You revel at the prospect of taking on new and exciting responsibilities inline with the growth of the company and your career.
We are democratizing access to venture capital. Learn how you can invest with us.
As an integral member of our US based software development team you will be automating the analysis of machine-generated spatial data and using this information to create meaningful insights for farmer operators. Reporting to the CTO you’ll also be collaborating closely with the company’s international development teams in finding new methods of incorporating geospatial data into our pre-existing farm management software. This is a newly created position inline with the growth of the company.
Tasks you’ll be responsible for
- Enhancing the integrity and performance of our spatial data processing engine
- Develop methods and analyses that drive actionable insights
- Performing detailed data exploration to solve real-world problems and identify trends
- Accurate analyses of geospatial data to support predictive decision making processes
- Creating innovative digital solutions that delight our users
Your experience – Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Mathematics or Computer Science
- 3-5 years of relevant applied experience
- Strong background in statistics and data modelling
- C# 5+ years, SQL Server
- Experience with various map based API’s and web services
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft stack
- Experience creating geospatial data visualization solutions and GIS toolsets
- An understanding of map projections (UTM)
- Experience with DotSpatial, GDAL, OpenCV or similar libraries
Your experience – Nice to have
- PhD in Engineering, Mathematics or Computer Science
- Previous experience with large scale geospatial farm data
- Understanding of the concepts behind data management in a relational database
- Web development experience
- Precision agricultural experience
Successful candidate attributes
- Comfortable in the full stack of an enterprise system and be able to develop in a rapid agile sprint development environment
- Must enjoy working in a team environment
- An ability to develop quick and elegant solutions to complex technical challenges
- Self-starter with good motivational skills, requires minimum supervision
- Have a global impact while working in one of the most important industries in the world
- Virtual office, work from home and avoid early rush hour commuting
- A competitive salary and the ability to grow
This is an exciting opportunity that gives you the ability to thrive in a highly innovative, agile and autonomous environment.
Join a rapidly growing company committed to creating long lasting positive change in the future of farming.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]