- This event has passed.
Data Science for Agriculture Convening
April 27 - April 28
We aim to convene a select cross-disciplinary group including researchers, agronomists, digital agtech startups, data scientists, non-profits, foundations, and venture capital firms to examine themes including:
- the state of the industry for applying data science for agriculture development
- what does it mean to pursue precision agriculture in developing economic contexts?
- what do we know about proven or emerging digital models for information exchange with farmers (or those that work with them) and how can these better leverage data analytics in the emerging world?
- what are promising areas for innovation and investment in data-driven agriculture development?
The meeting would be hosted by the Sustainability Innovation Lab at Colorado and the Digital Development for Feed the Future team. We hope to achieve a few things through this meeting:
- separate the hype from the real promise of data-driven agriculture in emerging economies
- clarify the roles of different actors (e.g. researchers, funders, startups) in fostering more data-driven agriculture development
- improve the quality of data-driven agriculture development concepts that come across the screens of funders, researchers, and financing institutions
- foster cross-functional teams of innovators (e.g. researchers, startups) that may act on next steps