Note the position is now closed but if you’d like to be considered as a future role, please fill out the application below and we can keep this on file. If you’re looking for the Investment Analyst role, click here.
Based in Silicon Valley, AgFunder is reinventing venture capital with an ecosystem of over 65,000 subscribers and proprietary A.I. algorithms to support our investment process. We are also one of the most active agrifood venture capital investors, with 14 investments in the past year, and one of the most recognized names globally in the sector.
We are looking for an exceptional Investment Associate to join our venture capital team. You will be reporting directly to the founding partners Rob and Michael. As part of our investment team, you will play a key role in sourcing and analyzing startup investments, conducting due diligence, and making investment recommendations on Seed to Series C startups across the agrifood tech landscape. We run extremely flat and need someone who can execute. This will be a lot of work, but most of it will be enjoyable. To be successful you’ll need to be very smart, curious, tireless, self-motivated, have the ability to see around corners, and have strong quantitative, writing, and verbal skills.
This is an incredible opportunity for the right person to come in early on a rapidly growing platform. We are building our own technology in-house and we want to scale the platform to tens of billions of dollars of global investments from across both venture capital and private equity. This means we have more in common with the startups we invest in than typical venture capital firms. There’s only a small handful of next-generation VC platforms being built today; we’re one of them.
We want someone who can command a room and we value raw talent over experience. In this role, you’ll represent AgFunder to some of the smartest entrepreneurs and investors in the industry and you’ll need to be at least their equal.
We are democratizing access to venture capital. Learn how you can invest with us.
Half of our portfolio companies have female founders and our portfolio is diverse, so diverse applicants are encouraged to apply.
Our ideal candidate:
- High GPA from a top school
- PhD or other secondary education
- Strong quantitative background
- Engineering/Biosciences background
- Experience in consulting, venture capital, or startups
- Worked at a top tech company
- 4+ years out of undergrad
We are looking for someone with:
- With a deep passion for startups, entrepreneurship, and AgFunder (bleed green)
- Probing and quantitative intellect who knows how to ask the smart questions
- Extremely strong communication skills (verbal & written)
- An ability to argue rationally, clearly, with an ability to persuade others
- Self-confidence with a strong bias for action
- Strong organizational skills, ability to focus, someone who can build process
- An ability to form and hold strong conviction with non-consensus ideas
- An ability to self-correct in the face of new evidence
- A strong conceptual grasp of cutting edge technologies
You’ll be expected to be very, very good at:
- Generating leads for new investment opportunities
- Building and maintaining relations with startup founders and management teams
- Exploring startups and build a deep understanding of relevant investment sectors
- Performing due diligence on select investment opportunities
- Presenting investment opportunities to our Screening Committee on a weekly basis
- Supporting our portfolio companies
Apply here or below.